Well I better officially announce that in June we are moving to Port Angeles, Washington to be closer to Jen’s parents.
1. Why is there a moving van in your driveway? The big moving van is for the declutter move. Jen and I are driving up this weekend and storing a bunch of things we can do without for awhile.
2. Are you crazy? Possibly. But we have put a lot of thought and prayer into the decision and it feels right.
3. Can I have your Chevy Nova? No. It’s coming with us. 🙂
4. What about your business? I will put this cloud thing to the test and run it remotely. I have a fantastic manager in place. I’ve signed a lease on an office in downtown Port Angeles where I’ll be working most of the time.
5. Are you selling your house? Yes. It’s a madhouse right now. We just replaced the roof. It’s being painted. All the bathrooms are being remodeled. After it is all done, we’ll put a sign up. We’ve already had some neighbors approach us so we may not even need to list it.
6. What about Julienne & Maggie? We hope they will come spend the summer with us before they head off to college, Snow College and Utah State University respectively.
7. Are you crazy? See #2.
8. Will you buy a home in PA? We are looking for a place to buy close to Jen’s parents. We might live with them for awhile.
9. How do the kids feel about moving? Jen was very wise and told them that we had both prayed about it and felt like we were supposed to move and she asked them to pray about it. They all said that they do not want to move, but felt like we should.
10. Will you move back? Not sure.
11. Does it rain a lot there? Yes.
12. Is that the place mentioned in the Twilight series? Yes.
13. How do I feel about moving? Mixed feelings. I love Utah. I grew up in Midvale and Sandy. It’s home for me. I also love Port Angeles. We’ve spent a lot of time there. We’ve talked about it for a long time. I’m happy that Jen will be back home and get to spend time with her parents. The moving part is really the worst part. It’s good to declutter though. After 14 years here in Highland, and having 6 children, we have a lot of stuff.
14. How close is PA to Seattle? About 2.5 hours.
15. Can we come visit? YES!
We will really miss our family, neighbors and our friends. We had planned on being here for a very long time. We are excited for a new adventure.